Blacks Are Fed Up with Obama; It’s about Time!

An Increasing number of blacks appear to finally be getting angry with Obama.  It’s just too bad it took four years and voting for Obama a second time for blacks to realize the president doesn’t care about their interests. Immigration and the president’s determination to get legislation passed granting amnesty to an estimated 11-20 million illegal aliens seems to be the straw that broke black liberals’ backs.

Recently some black Americans have been calling into black talk radio shows like “Keeping it Real with Al Sharpton, complaining immigration is not an important issue to them. This is despite Al Sharpton’s plea to a caller that amnesty isn’t just a Latino issue. But according to a 2009 Migration Institute report, blacks only accounted for 9% of US immigrants.

With black unemployment at 13.8% almost twice the national rate of 7.9%, granting amnesty to more than 11million illegal immigrant threatens to make jobs even more scare for blacks. As black radio host Earl Ingram noted his “listenership is anti-immigration” because they are angry illegals are here taking jobs from them because they are willing to work for less than minimum wage.  A Pew Hispanic poll found during the height of the economic downturn 2009-2011 Hispanic employment grew by 6.5% while black employment grew by a miniscule 1%.

When I tweeted about this lack of love blacks are feeling for their blind support of Obama a second time around, a black person replied: “Obama has always made it clear that he is the POTUS not the President of Black America.”

Indeed Obama is “president of all Americans” but Obama has made gay marriage a priority and less than 5% of the population is gay. He’s also made illegal immigration a priority because 71% of Hispanics voted for him but only make up 14% of the population. These two groups don’t look like the face of “All Americans.”  But Obama won’t even give blacks a crumb. He has yet to name one black person to fill a cabinet position in his second term.

It may be too late for blacks to influence Obama because he doesn’t have an election hanging over his head. But blacks should take a hard look at the gang of  “Blacktivists” like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and organizations like NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus purporting to fight for what’s good for blacks and ask them what have they done for blacks?

Blacks also need to question the Congressional Black Caucus about its agenda. In it’s press release outlining it’s plan for the 113th Congress, the CBC states “For more than four decades, the Congressional Black Caucus policy agenda has promoted and advocated for legislation that supports social and economic progress, . . .for African Americans.”

If this is true, why is it blacks have been on an economic and family decline since 1971 when the caucus was formed? Today more black babies are born out of wedlock, 73%, than to married homes compared to 30% of white babies. And the above mentioned statistics show government policies pushed by the Democrat CBC hasn’t helped improve the plight of the black man.

Why is immigration reform a key item in the CBC’s agenda? “Advancing legislation and policies that lead to comprehensive immigration reform” will do nothing to improve the economic situation for blacks.  Allowing a flood of illegals into the country will only exacerbate the unemployment situation for blacks.

Blacks also need to demand their “black groups” and so called “black spokespersons” reject comparisons to criminals crossing into our country to the civil rights movement or slavery. Blacks were brought to America in 1619 against their will, treated like property, worked like animals and violated sexually. The least America could do in 1964 was to grant blacks equal rights to whites. Illegal immigrants chose to voluntarily break laws to enter, work and remain in the US illegally. America owes them an enforcement of our laws along with the employers who illegally employ them.

If black liberals are really angry at the lack of attention Obama is giving them, perhaps they should use this as a lesson. Instead of voting for candidates based on race or party,  perhaps black Americans should try giving candidates a thorough vetting before going to the polls and hold politicians accountable to records in exchange for votes. Maybe then blacks would start getting something in return other than the status quo.

47 Responses to “Blacks Are Fed Up with Obama; It’s about Time!”

1. Show me an honest politician and I will show you a liar.

2. Shaun says:

This is why more minorities are looking for real answers. I won’t be surprised when in a few years, at least 20 percent of minorities will be looking for libertarian policies for answers. The failed drug wars keep black urbanites in a downward spiral. We will end the war on blacks by ending the so-called “drug-wars”. Character and self-respect is built on a foundation of a can-do attitude through success via personal responsibility. Things will come together when there’s less “black-market” opportunities in conjunction with race-specific/segregating social programs . EVERYONE loves and respects a good, inspiring story based on victory through struggle (The Pursuit of Happyness). Strong blacks will rise to the top, shining as beacons of hope, leading by example. Maybe this is just a pipe-dream, but I’m rooting for y’all.

3. Ken Fusion says:

Great article.
    Bottom line is Obama is a fraud. He was sold to America like box of Corn Flakes. Its was a brilliant marketing campaign not any of his accomplishments, that got him elected, not once but twice. That and the fact that the Republicans put forth some two of the lamest most unlikable candidates in the history of modern politics. You can say white people hold us back and white people hate the black man but dig it: white people got Obama elected-without white people there is no President Obama-that’s a fact.
    Also, I gotta laugh when I read things like “Obama hasn’t done anything for the African Americans” ya know what-your right but what did you expect him to do? He doesn’t NEED to do anything for the AA, he owns the black vote and he knows it. He caters to the Hispanics because that voting block can swing either way. Besides, why would anyone, of any race be waiting around for the President of the United States to do anything for them? “Oh” he passed Obamacare” guess what, that’s about the worse thing that could have happened to this country. The taxes in that ridiculous bill will cripple the economy, and cost many of the young people, single mothers and minorities jobs. Its already cost the country thousands of jobs! Rich white folks could care less, they still get the best care this country has to offer but the the backlash of this unafordable bill that the President himself said he didn’t even read before signing, will be a negative ripple effect on the economy, jobs the quality of health care etc. for years to come if it’s not repealed. I’m glad to see some people are taking the blinders off and waking up. People were fed up with Bush so they sold us the Anti Bush…and a lot of folks bought. Filling out out a NCAA bracket doesn’t make this guy a good president. That’s just another bit of good marketing.

4. ataloss says:

Bottom line id that majority of blacks are uninformed and ignorant of the world around them. They are more dangerous to themselves than any white person ever was. Their non-thinking, do as they are told attitude is what kills them. Proof- over 95% of their votes went to the same candidate. That can only be possible if they are ignorant.

5. Marcus says:

thet is suppose be they and led is supposed to be lead in my post

6. Marcus says:

for those english majors “thet” is supposed to be they and “led” is supposed to be “lead.” Before you scorn me.

7. Marcus says:

Well, I gave up on black people (African-Americans) a long time ago. I just watch and observe these black sheep known as SLAVACRATS being led to the slaughter by their white blue-eyed perverted demonic slave masters. If Jim Jones was living today and president he could have taken 95% of the black population to Guyana and killed them and the white racists would be celebrating in the streets with glee. But the black beggars sit under their white masters table waiting for a crumb to fall instead of creating a table and having a meal sitting upright at the table. In my opinion, blacks do not have the clout as thet once did, it has been replaced with the hispanic vote known as MEXICANS I have not heard the crying of Cubans, Colombians, Dominicans or any other spanish group just MEXICANS. White liberalism use to be a good thing during the civil rights era, but something happen to liberalism on the way to the 21st century it became perverted. Black people are following this perversion and making it the center piece in you alls community, not mine, the 95 Im talking about. I always wonder if Brazil with 90 million black people was connected to our border would these white liberals be so embracing and so inclusive. To end this post with this, the only difference between a white racist and a white liberal is one calls you the N word to your face and the other behind close doors. Slavacrats keep following THA MAN Im emphactically sure he will led you to somewhere in the wilderness at a point of no return,

@SLR – very profound, I continue to be educated. Thanks.

9. S L R says:

Just Because He is Black?

A white man asked his black friend ” Are you going to vote for Barack Obama just because he’s black?”

The black man responded by saying, “Why not? Hell in this country men are pulled over everyday just because they are black; passed over for promotions just because they are black; considered to be criminals just because they are black. Thousands of white voters won’t be voting for him just because he is black! However you don’t seem to have a problem with any of that! This country was built with the sweat and tears of black slaves; and now a black man has a chance to lead the same country, where we weren’t even considered people, where we weren’t allowed to be educated, drink from the same fountains, eat in the same Restaurants, or even vote.

So yes I am going to vote for him! But it’s not just because he’s black, but because through his leadership several of Americas most elusive enemies were brought to justice; our economy, health and environment improved; and our good reputation around the world has been restored. He is hope. He is change. He is wise. He is a man of integrity and intelligence. He is a man of faith and perseverance. A man of maturity and good judgment.

He is a faithful husband and father. And he now allows me to understand when my grandchildren say they want to be President when they grow up, it is not a fairy tale but a short term goal. They now see, understand, and know that they can achieve, withstand, and do ANYTHING that they can dream for themselves.

So no, I am not voting for him because he is black… I’m voting for him because “I’M BLACK.”

AUTHOR UNKNOWN – BUT THE MESSAGE IS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN

10. Donnny Ray says:

Since I am white, I will just say as they do in the Air force. If you are taking flak, you must be on target… Seems CBC receives a ton of personal judgements/attacks. Not attacks on the validity of her observations. Personal attacks in lieu of substantive critisizeism
    is tantamount to forfeit. And since I don’t care to associate with
    blacks it is cool that the black leaders keep the community so dependent on these black leaders that the black community will never achieve equality sparing me from having to live with them.

Exactly like the Head of the Congressional Black Caucus said publicly last summer….

If obama was white we would have already been marching around the white house”.

It’s past time for the Black community to show they can be responsible, even when it means going against a BRO……

obama’s antics, tactics and politics hurts everyone and the nation as a whole.

Constant turmoil, strife, public fights, hatred and division is bad for the entire nation…..

no matter what color or religion…..

obama has been and is bad for America just a Castro was bad for Cuba and Saddam was bad for Iraq.

americans have become the biggest group of fools and cowards on the planet.

12. andy says:

As usual, the left calls people names and insults them and blames others and accuses the GOP of being racist. Typical of what the left always does. Ad hominem attacks, cry racism, insult and name call. I have yet to see one left-leaning newscast, show, program, person, blog or anything else address issues without resorting to name calling. I just never have. We try to discuss ideas and we are called names instead. It’s kind of like when you feel overwhelmed with someone talking to you about something that you know little about so instead of debating them you say” you;re talkin’ all proper” or ” I don’t need no fancy learnin’.” Or you can always cry racism or conspiracy or make up facts or make fun of foxnews or so many other talking points.

13. true democrat says:

WOW, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN AND WHY DON’T WE HEAR MORE OF YOU????, OH RIGHT LIBERAL DEMOCRAT’S CONTROL THE MEDIA

14. wes says:

@ Greg
    Your post is concise. I take from it the sense of prudence. You implied the viability of the candidate factors into your choice for whom you vote, which in turn implies you would not vote for a more qualified candidate if he or she has no opportunity to win. This is the philosophical dilemma. I voted for Jill Stein and people will argue that I threw away my vote. On the other hand I argue when people vote for two political parties that they know in their hearts are so corrupted that they will never act in their interests because these parties are already bought and paid for by campaign contributors and lobbyists, I argue these people throw their respective votes away. The nagging philosophical question is who is actually throwing away their respective vote? After posting on this blog for over a month, I doubt many who post here regularly agree with my position. Indeed the whole nation (at least the people who still bother to vote) is at odds with my philosophical position. Prudence suggests, I’m in a fight I can’t win.

A person’s liberty is linked to their vote in a way that gives me a sense of remorse when I see people who don’t bother to vote. Still one cannot ignore the frustration that a person must feel when they voluntarily pee on a basic freedom.

15. Wes says:

Scott said: “Now it seems the two parties are not the same, but the choice is similar to choosing how you want to be executed. I submit we need to create a third choice: individualism with social responsibility.”

This is a good start. However social responsibility sounds like the opposite of individualism. I mean we could take individualism to the nth degree and be in an “every man for himself” environment. I know you don’t mean that, but at some point, our social responsibility kicks in. Some people can’t do for themselves. At what point do we as a society feel obligated to do more for these people than throwing them into the dumpster? Where does the compassionate conservative meet with the bleeding heart liberal?

16. Wes says:

@Stasia

Your comments are well taken. I really appreciate the mindset that you put forth, that this is an “American Thing”. Unfortunately you subsequently laid down the policies under which we should unite. If you find time in your busy schedule, you will undoubtedly come to realize that this is what indirectly but effectively causes all the division. I believe we should unite. However there are a bunch of people out there that don’t think as highly as you seem to when it comes to conservative principles. I for one don’t think supply-side economics is good for the middle class, yet many conservatives seem to think regulation is “over-regulation”. I know over regulation can choke the economy. However there has to be some rules.

I admit that I don’t know as much about Obamacare as I should. However, the things you mention sound a bit like an exaggeration. For example, your note implies that once Obamacare is fully implemented, medicare disappears. I know you didn’t say that, but it sounds like everybody over 70 isn’t going to have any coverage. Maybe you mean medicare part B is going away. I really don’t know what you mean so please forgive me for putting words into your mouth. Just trying to understand…

If you have the time, I’d like to discuss healthcare with you under the premise that 99% of the American people cannot possibly afford to pay their own healthcare bills. If that is true then SOMEBODY will have to pay those bills or we’ll just have to let the people die. Insurance companies aren’t going to pay our healthcare into our late 80s and 90s. I mean they’ll pay it, but the premiums will be so high, we may as well pay our own bills. All fiscal conservatives can’t stand the idea of government healthcare, but we have to face reality. If the government doesn’t pay, no one else will.

Since you expressed concern about death panels, I presume “letting the people die” is something you wish to avoid.

17. Greg says:

Black people do not support Obama because they always agree with him. They support him because they do not have another viable choice. Republicans are anti black. Democrats may not be pro black. But they are not as anti black.

@truevoice – I simply admire the ideas and thoughts of those who promote self-reliance, etc. Not sure I agree with some of your convoluted logic to come to some of your conclusions about voting. And I sure question the sweeping conclusion that “Most Black conservatives follow this pattern of sellout behavior.”

I fully acknowledge that some Republicans who advocate individuality abuse their power and harm others. The unstated opposite that all Liberals don’t believe in individual liberty is also patently untrue. And I am convinced that many Liberals are lining their pockets, also. I wonder where Jesse Jackson Jr got his ideas, for instance. And Blagojevich: it is not race, it is people.

Unfortunately for the purposes of CBC’s debate, the Republicans seem to have been taken over by a narrow minded interpretation of conservatism. And they seem to accept the “military- industrial complex” view of things which Eisenhower did indeed warn us about. And their attacks on Obama certainly open the door to cries of racism.

What is scarey about the present Liberal-Progressive agenda is the burden of bureaucracy loaded onto citizens. This citizen has closed 2 businesses and not gone into another because of this intrusion, so I personally know it is burdensome to small business. Try figuring out how many 1099’s to send (and see how they add to business cost!)

Further, the idea that we all are responsible for everyone else is becoming pervasive: lawsuits etc. Some of this comes from the very real injustice (understatement) dealt to blacks in particular in the USA. However, we are not all guilty. Sometimes it feels as if reason is thrown out the door in favor of making sure poor people are protected. (Trying owning a rental quadruplex some time.)

The Health Care program is very scarey as it does not really get at what I see as the root of the escalating medical costs: the physician monopoly, their dishonest pricing (influenced by the insurance companies) and very importantly their archaic model of treating individual diseases instead of trying to make people healthy.

Once more, don’t burden me with anti-Republican rhetoric: I am not a Republican. They scare me too. I am in favor of a more fair tax system – which could indeed lead to higher taxes on the top end. I am opposed to central control of our lives by an overwhelming bureaucracy.

Where is the call for respect for the individual in the Liberal ideology? There is at least such a call in the Conservatives.

@Real Truth – #1-3 are valid and good. Not so sure of 4-5, but they validate your point.

I think what black conservative spokesmen offer is a vision of personal responsibility. I understand them to say “I am good because of what I did.” They earned respect.

One of the things brought home to me by friends and this group is the fact that I am from the white middle class and simply cannot imagine the roadblocks facing others, no matter how I try. Still I believe in human dignity and that expecting others to support me, robs me of that dignity. The question to me becomes how to get all so-called minorities to expect to be part of that same middle class. All Americans have the right to expect reward for effort.

@Wes in 1964 Goldwater said to the overwhelmed conservatives: “Let’s get organized.” the result was the conservative movement and the upending of what was previously a party holding a range of viewpoints. What I like to call the Radical Christian Right heard the message better than anyone.

Sometime around that era (can’t quote) I remember a (Time or Newsweek) magazine cover proclaiming the two parties were like twiddly-dee and ..-dum. The choice was who do you like better? not which policies?

The worst choice is to say it is too hard. Start a third party or take over another, but do something.

21. Stasia says:

I don’t even know where to begin. I am aghast at what I am reading. “Pretty little white girl head” what is that? On all that is holy, this is not a white thing, this is not a black, hispanic, asian, republican, democrat, liberal or conservative thing. This is an American thing! You are all Americans, and if you could all stop bickering, maybe you could look around and notice that this country is being destroyed, our children’s, and grandchildren’s futures are being levied. Every baby born in OUR America owns almost 200,000 of American debt because of the governments irresponsible spending. Nancy Pelosi said, “Cutting my pay is degrading and an insult to my dignity.” It isn’t degrading when 49 million Americans are unemployed, that American’s can’t afford gas to get to work so they can tax us to death, so Congress, who hasn’t passed a budget in over 4 years, can ride in Limo’s, fly in private jets, go on vacations on our dime, only work 6 months a year and spend the rest of it raising millions for their next election campaign?!
    No one here seems concerned that Obamacare’s cheapest family healthcare plan is going to be 20,000 a year? Does anyone know about IPAB, nice acronym for death panels. Anyone over 70, under 3, or disabled is losing their right to the healthcare that we have right now. Meaning if they have serious health issues, they won’t be able to contribute to society, and will only cost money to keep alive. That means preemies will be denied benefits, it will cost to much money for a baby that might not live, or will have cerebral palsy, or other disability. You can say good bye to life saving open heart surgeries on our parents and grandparents. Yet you continue to bicker with no unity or solutions. When the POTUS makes the statement, “I can and will force Christians to go against their beliefs and their values.” It does not matter his race, color of his skin or his political affiliation. (google it) He just stated that he is not a Christian, and more importantly and arrogantly made it known, he doesn’t care about anyone but himself, and his agenda. I read that and was sure that MLK rolled over in his grave. Our Government is drunk with power, and spending like America just won a special global Powerball. Has anyone stopped to consider who we owe most of the debt to? Communist China with Billions of people and no respect for human rights! But, please keep defending a government that hasn’t done anything for America in over four years. If we did our jobs for one week, like they do theirs, we wouldn’t have one. I don’t expect anyone to do anything I wouldn’t do, and I wouldn’t take care of my patients like they are taking care of their citizens.
    Excuse any typo’s or poor grammar, this Nurse has done three twelve hour shifts and had ten hours sleep in three days.

22. Wes says:

@ Scott
    When people are making money hand over fist, it takes some rather serious persuasion to make them stop. Indeed, they probably won’t relinquish that opportunity willingly. They have to be voted out. I’m not understanding how one can fix this from within a party. I think the corrupt party has to be replaced by another party (preferably one that is not corrupt).

23. Jennifer says:

I find it incredibly interesting that people are so hung up on race. All races bleed red, suffer illnesses & poverty, are dealing with an ever growing education & economic gap. So can you please explain to me why it matters what race someone falls into?

President Obama is a great man, but like all great men he is still human. That means he is not perfect. In fact that means he is far from perfect. That is one of the reasons he was reelected as President of the United States of America. He can admit to being human and imperfect. He does the best he can with what he has.

Also, just to provide a little bit of fact checking… 10% of the population is homosexual. That is 5% more than you have listed in this article.

@Wes – third party is very difficult. that is why you and I need to go inside our respective parties and try to influence one other person and to make it grow one step at a time.

I agree with the internet idea. Obama has used it effectively, so did Ron Paul. But we need to grow it. Talking in this blog is a very tentative first step.

25. Wes says:

@ Scott
    You make a good point. However it’s already been proven that grass roots third party efforts are pointless when the electorate is asleep. Until the electorate understands that the democrat and republican parties are both held hostage, all third party efforts aren’t going to work. Do you believe Rand Paul will get the GOP nomination and change that party from within? There is an awful lot of money flying around in there and the media is more of an enabler than a whistle blower. My thought is that there has to be an internet based movement to compete with the media. I’m willing to join with like minded people, but I won’t join a group because of one issue. If I am a social conservative and a fiscal liberal, I’d be on the wrong side of almost every issue with fiscal conservatives and social liberals even if we agree that the government is going /gone broke. We have a corruption problem that has to be extirpated before any of these other problems can even begin to get solved. Until that is the general consensus of the electorate, I see getting off my butt as indeed pointless. It is the electorate that I blame. I don’t blame the politicians (as much). I don’t blame the media (as much). I don’t blame the lobbyists (as much). I blame the electorate for trying the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different outcome. This stuff was going on when I was a child. Now I’m an old geezer and people are still blaming the liberals or blaming the conservatives when we have a bigger problem.

@Wes and @Jeff are talking about the main problem. The question becomes what is the next step? I am going to grass roots meetings and trying to influence one party. And try to do at least one piece of good. Better than sitting on my butt and complaining, though sometimes I feel pretty pointless.

27. Wes says:

@Jeff
    Yes you are correct. I do not want to see the lights turned out. I really do want to see the problems fixed. I just don’t want to try the same things over and over and expect a different outcome. Kneejerk reactions don’t cut it for me. It’s like when the left sees a lot of gun violence and jumps to the conclusion that if we just get rid of the guns then the violence will stop. That is a step that we could take, and we won’t know if it will help unless we try it, but it simply isn’t reasonable to expect it to work. By the same token, the government is too big and any reasonable person can see that. But to cut anywhere and/or everywhere can do more harm than good, just like putting a sign in your front yard saying there are no guns in your house is something you could try, but isn’t very prudent.

99% of the people in this nation can’t afford healthcare. Somebody has to pay that bill. The employers don’t want to pay it and no insurance company on earth is going to go bankrupt just so I can have a life. That’s the scenario that gets swept under the rug when we think about the size of government. We can always say we can’t afford government healthcare, but if we don’t have it, we have a situation that the word “ugly” doesn’t really seem to describe. We could ignore the problem and just let the people die or we could take a reasonable look at it. It’s difficult to take reasonable looks when the deciders are being bought by the special interest groups, because each group looks out for its own interest. Remember, the people who will die can’t afford the healthcare in the first place, so then don’t get to buy the politicians. They only get to vote. What good does it do to vote when the people you vote for don’t look out for you? They look out for the people who feed them money. 99% of the people offer 99% of the votes. One would think they’d have a bit more say so regarding policy than what I just suggested and we debate on this blog as though those 99% in fact have that say so. However everybody here knows we don’t have that say so. When people spend millions of dollars to get a job that pays thousands of dollars, something doesn’t smell right.

@Truevoice – howdy friend. It seems to me your hatred of one group has thrown you unquestioningly into the arms of another equally bad group. I consider there are probably a host of alternative positions. And, if you read my comments, you will note I am not unabashedly Republican, nor even really totally conservative.

I think I have stated that I voted for Obama in 2008. But, I do not like what the Liberal-Progressives are ramming down our throats today. They seem to be totally propaganda oriented, to produce no positive results and to be dead set on destroying the opposition, with no regard to the effect on our nation. I think they are destroying American small business, while helping the big banks, corporations and unions.

The hatred displayed by the Kerry camp is continuing. Of course the Republicans are doing their own version of hate, not debate. So they will not succeed until they come up with some reasonable answers instead of hateful stonewalling.

So no, I do not vote just Republican. In fact until my 2008 vote for Obama, I have mostly voted Libertarian.

I think the question CBC asked is valid. What is being done to help the poor and the middle class? The progressives are not addressing that at all.

29. Jeff Turner says:

@Wes

Thank you for your very good comments, very interesting. To try and answer your question, “Because it is all about the nation and saving the nation and making it better”. Without the nation, we are ALL done – turn out the lights. Do you want to see that? Is that what you are about? – Turning out the lights. I think not, or you would not be on this Blog. I think we ALL need to take a little hurt. We need to reduce corporate welfare and reduce the size of the military and ALL government programs. Don’t get me wrong, I think we need a “kick ass” military that is bigger than any other Country. But, we do not need a military that is bigger than the rest of the world’s military combined. That makes no sense. As you and I agree, the Government is too big. Many people will be hurt in the short term, maybe the long term. But that is what has to happens when we and our hapless governmenbt live on the credit card for decades.

CBC did you know that Negro History Week was established in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson, see the full timeline of Black History Month at the following link:

31. Wes says:

@ Jeff
    I enjoyed the theme of your post. The thing that pushed Obama into the limelight was that memorable keynote speech in 2004 when he denounced the red states and blue states mindset in favor of the united states mindset. I agree that we need to be united, however I don’t think it will happen by lip service. We really need a common interest because in times of need, people pull together. I mean we will never have world peace, but if, like in the movies, aliens from outer space invaded, all the earthlings would suddenly pull together because that common need would be staring everybody in the face. We need a common goal. Otherwise, those who wish to divide us (they are out there) will succeed.

In my opinion, the common need is upon us, but it seems like people everywhere still think our problems are so small that a simple shift to the left or to the right (depending on who is speaking) will get us out of this mess. I don’t buy it. I’ve seen democrat presidents and republican presidents. I’ve seen democrat majorities in the house and in the senate. I’ve seen republican majorities too. As I see it, no matter who is in charge it continues to get worse, not better.

Your thought that the government is too big is of course the truth. Now try to cut the program upon which somebody’s life is depending. Our military is bigger than the next ten nations combined and if you cut the size of it, you’ll be putting somebody out of work, just as fast as if you close down schools. Obama is no dummy. He knows this nation is broke. However he also knows many people’s lives are in jeopardy. After spending all of that time on the campaign trail, Paul Ryan knows it also. If the republicans want to win the whitehouse in 2016 all they have to do is start RIGHT NOW calling for an end to corporate welfare. If they wait until the election, then nobody in their right mind will believe them. However if they start right now and keep it up for four years, they’ll have a bit of credibility. However you and I know they won’t do that. They’ll claim they don’t want to hurt the economy if pressed, but the bottom line is it would be political suicide to do so. Therefore this really isn’t about helping the nation. So I ask, why is almost everybody on this blog imagining this is all about helping the nation? There are other mitigating factors involved.

CBC’s last couple of critics have gotten things at least partially right. The question should be “What have the liberals done for anyone?” Nancy Pelosi, and for that matter, Harry Reid are probably more to blame for our situation and direction.

The scariest thing about the liberal movement in this country is how effective their propaganda is. And their destructive policies are taking hold. Liberal policies are not helping poor people, just enriching the ultra-rich and the bureaucracy. It ain’t about race, it is about failing big-government policies from BOTH parties.

Before someone flames me: Past (or present) stupidity about race does not help Republicans – or, by extension, conservatives.

33. JEFF TURNER says:

Crystal Wright, I just about always agree with you, but on this one we have to part company. I see NO facts that make me believe that Black Americans have changed their feelings for President Obama. I think, if we had another election, Black Americans would vote in the same overwhelming numbers for President Obama. Gail is correct, where do you think they will go?

President Obama is a good man, he is just really wrong in his belief that we need a larger federal government and more government employees. He is badly wrong, but he really believes he is correct, and that belief makes him very dangerous for our Country.

You divide us into groups just like he does, very bad. You say he has acted for the illegal immigrants and the little gay folks, so he should act for Black Americans. That is dividing us into groups, we need to stay together as citizens. He needs to act for all legal Americans, and that certainly includes black folks and hispanics, all means all. Sorry we part company on this one. Love your Blogging.

You are doing a fine job Crystal, great article! I always enjoy your articles.

@ Daren. You don’t have to INSULT her if you don’t agree with her. She is smart and she knows what she is talking about.

@ CBC, I hadn’t seen this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhXrxNJWnw you were just great there, I enjoyed it.

35. Wes says:

@ Scott
    I think Gail did in fact address the validity of CBC’s comments.

You found me out. I just knee-jerk admire any one who does not wallow in self-pity and makes something of himself.

Seems to me all the people you mention above are guilty of that sin.

Still, what has the present administration done?

37. REAL TRUTH says:

Scott:

Here is a list of things President Obama has done for Black America. Some items may repeat over these two sources, but the fact remains: Barack Obama has done things for Black America, but black conservative blogs will keep their heads in the sands of denial.

Now here is a question that probably won’t get answered: what have black conservatives like Allen West and Tim Scott done for black America. Or better yet, what have black conservatives in general done for black america.

Amazing the attacks on CBC personally, yet no comments on the validity of her observations on what the POTUS has done for anyone outside of his political circle.

Sort of wonder in fact has John H Johnson feels about POTUS. To me his story is exemplary, but not related to CBC comments.

Crystal just because you post a cool picture of America’s first black president on the cover of Ebony magazine (and if you did not know is an African American publication) count as a piece on Black History Month. Instead of this preaching to the choir piece you could have done a nice little piece on John H. Johnson the founder of Ebony/Jet magazine. He used a $500 from his mother loan to start the business empire that eventually included Ebony and Jet magazines and that made him one of the nation’s richest and most powerful black businessmen. Talk about an American success story. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. MLK Jr. CBC I guess your life ended the day you became a member of the GOP.

40. REAL TRUTH says:

It is articles like these that insult the intelligence of those who don’t follow the taglines, box-in-biases, and psuedo intellectual, patriotic, and Christian “values” of conservatism that will ensure this movement remains on the fringe and still making no headway in the black community.

Contrary to popular belief, blacks who vote democratic do indeed study the issues. In 2008, John McCain said during a debate he would continue all of Bush II policies when elected. In 2012, the Republican nominee was Mitt Romney. None of these candidate were worth blacks in mass voting Republican.

To say the poverty of the black community is trite, unfounded, and biased. If black republicans and conservatives were so “concerned” about the community, then why are they not a presence in the communities they say they are trying to help?

Perhaps they-black conservatives-are holding too many forums away from the community or trying to validate their existence, or perhaps talking about The Black Liberal Plantation,” yet begging the mainstream GOP for recognition to be a difference to anyone but themselves.

41. Codex Gigas says:

Hmmm, rather than tear down those who’s actions you find so misguided, why are you not presenting an alternative through your own actions?

I mean, you don’t think that writing a blog is activism, now do you? What’s your circulation? Ten people?

The question becomes: who are you and why should anyone care what you have to say given that you’ve done nothing of any substance whatsoever and have no personal recognition at all to leverage?

42. Gail says:

For whom did you recommend that AA vote? If you dare say Romney then you invalidate every quite factual statement made above. I voted for Pres Obama on principle not race. Why do ‘conservatives’ refuse to accept and continue to disrespect the majority black America by perpetuating the myth that black America voted based on race vs. ideology. Did you vote for Cain? Contrary to popular opinion, liberal blacks can think logically.

43. Jinsky Jean-Pois says:

The lesson that should now be learned is that race, gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status should not be proxies for the populace to consider as factors. However, it is appropriate to consider content of character, principles, philosophy and policy doctrine as factors for considering by the populace. In Prince William County, VA located in the northern region of the state that population is majority-minority with African-Americans, Asian-Americans, and Hispanic-Americans composing more than 50 percent of the total population. In 2000, Prince William County, VA had a 68 percent Anglo majority, which declined by 20 percentage points to 48 percent as a result of rapid exponential growth of the Asian and Hispanic populations, which surpassed African-Americans. Corey Stewart who is a Republican chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors has won elections in 72 of 77 precincts with 50 percent or more of the vote while John McCain and Mitt Romney were losing the county in northern Virginia by double digits. On immigration, Mr. Stewart campaigns in ethnic communities of color with black support on immigration although it alienates Latinos.

44. Curtis Walker says:

Ms. Crystal Wright insightfully and incisively pens the following: “After giving Obama over 95% of their vote twice, blacks want to know when the first black president will focus on issues impacting blacks like: rising poverty, unemployment and incarceration rates, growing education gap and economic decline the breakdown of the black family?”

Why in the world, Ms. Wright, would Obama take time to focus on the above-mentioned issues, when he knows that the American Black Church is supposed to be leading the way on tackling these concerns, yet that institution finds itself totally clueless, and spends its time, instead, on pious irrelevancies and sactimonious trivialities that lead to no solutions and to ongoing nonadvancement of the group?

While there are some exceptions (e.g., the Rev. DeForest B. Soaries, Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens, in Somerset, New Jersey), those who constitute the body of clergy leading the present-day American Black Church are, for the most part, oblivious to what’s needed in order to foster a culture of entrepreneurship and self-help among American blacks. These preachers don’t know, and they don’t care. Yet they consistently rev up blacks to vote for Democrats, and they were key to blacks voting both times for Barack Obama.

How much financial spending power and manpower are now in the hands of today’s Black Christianity? What kinds of headway could be made if only this power was strategically pooled, organized, united, and shepherded toward resolving the issues currently plaguing Black America? Yet, such a piloting effort is clearly not important to the current heads of the Black Church. So why would it be important to Barack Obama?

Black Americans are suffering with all the aforementioned socio-economic and socio-cultural maladies because there are far too few adults in the pulpits of our churches. This is where the conversation and dialogue now need to be focused. Your thoughts on this?

45. Matt Donnelly says:

In addition to ignoring the economy, which has been particularly devestating to blacks, Obama is a strong pronent of abortion – the number one cause of death among black Americans. He has made extra efforts to protect the abortion indudtry, especially PlannedParenthood, an organization founded expressly for the purpose of exterminating minorities, and whose clinics are almost exclusively located in minority neighborhoods. How ANYONE in good concience could ever have voted for a man like this is mystifying – especially, if the voter is black.

46. Warren says:

Great article but are you missing the point of why Obama was re-elected ? More freebies! How many people truly feel they are entitled to government freebies because of past social injustices?
    I believe, no one can move forward until the past is placed in its proper perspective and the plan of action of what can I do to succeed.

47. Great post! I caught your interview on Wilkow the other day. It’s reassuring to see that the left hasn’t been completely successful in brainwashing all minorities into acting and voting against their best interests.