Actress Stacey Dash Gets Black Attacked for Endorsing Mitt Romney

Ooops! Before she endorsed Republican candidate Mitt Romney for president, actress Stacey Dash forgot to read the “black memo” that states all blacks must vote Democrat or else! When she tweeted the below with this patriotic photo of herself clad in a red bathing suit, Dash uncorked the racist rage from black Obama supporters:

“Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future. @mittromney @teamromney #mittromney #VOTE #voteromney”

What’s disturbing, but not surprising, is the incendiary tweets that ensued from blacks at Dash.

“RACIAL DRAFT: I LIKE TO REQUEST A TRADE TO SEND STACEY DASH TO THE CAUCASIANS TO ACQUIRE BILL CLINTON TO THE BLACKS”

Another tweeted: “We’ve been letting you slide for years! It’s OVER.”

Both suggested Dash wasn’t “really” black because she had the audacity to vote for Romney. Still another twitted “Stacey Dash had a perm since birth. . .I knew I couldn’t trust her.. Lol .”

The implication, always being brought back to race, is that Dash who has straight hair “thinks she’s white” and therefore can’t be trusted to be a true black, as evidenced by her Republican nature. (I also find it funny that white Liberals weigh in with shock and awe, as if blacks don’t have the right like whites to support different political parties.)

When a black person steps out of the black Democrat box that liberals have assigned blacks to and most blacks have accepted, personal attacks and name-calling, laced with profanity, usually ensues: sell out, oreo, you think you’re white, etc. I’ve never laid eyes on this “black memo” that warns blacks they must vote Democrat, but like Dash I have received a heap of hate mail mostly from other blacks, questioning my authentic blackness because I choose to be a  Republican.

Engaging in this gutter level name-calling aimed at black conservatives makes other blacks look ignorant, particularly of their history. A friend told me it’s not worth writing about the history of blacks and the Republican Party because that’s old news. I disagree.

Many blacks need to a reminder that after the Civil War, it was the Republican party that won passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments and Republicans were instrumental getting the Civil Rights Act passed. Frederick Douglass and Booker T. Washington were both Republicans.

During Reconstruction, thanks to the help of Republicans many blacks were elected to offices. The first blacks elected to Congress were: Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MI), Rep. Benjamin S. Turner (R-AL), Rep. Robert DeLarge (R-SC), Josiah Walls (R-FL), Jefferson Long (R-GA), Joseph Rainey and Robert B. Elliott (R-SC).  Until 1960s, many blacks voted Republican.

A black woman tweeted Dash would regret voting for Romney because she “thinks Mitt Romney won’t cut off them unemployment checks she’s receiving. Wrong again ma’am.” The notion implied here is not only that blacks want welfare checks but also that welfare policies have benefited blacks is ridiculous.

The breakdown of the black family is the root cause of blacks economic slide downward, something Mitt Romney wants to fix by encouraging marriage. In 1964, 23% of black babies were born out of wedlock, today it’s 73% and 55% of all federal prisoners are black and half of murder victims are black and of those 85% are black males. These are grim statistics for a race that represents only about 13% of the population.

President Obama isn’t serving up a great black agenda to address the problems keeping black Americans from advancing up the economic ladder. In fact, Obama’s policies have disproportionately harmed blacks. The black jobless rate at 13.4% is almost twice the national average of 7.8%.

After being barraged by what can only be described as a rain of insults and ignorance, Dash tweeted, “My humble opinion… EVERYONE is entitled to one.”  Yes, ALL Americans, even black people are entitled to different political opinions. Maybe if more blacks start examining Obama’s record, they would realize they too have a choice.

28 Responses to “Actress Stacey Dash Gets Black Attacked for Endorsing Mitt Romney”

Huh…If you’re black and vote for Rimney you’re racist….

If you’re white and vote for Romney you’re racist…

Seems anyone that votes for Romney is racist.

Is this using racism, or WHAT?

Opps….typo in previous comment…..Rimney = Romney.

Hope typos don’t make me racist…..

3. Paul Burke says:

Great history lesson, we need to share this real history with more Americans

4. AMK says:

Romney is not the right person for the job. He doesn’t believe women should have rights to choose whether or not they want an abortion. He wants to cut Medicaid, Medicare, Food stamps, Unemployment checks etc. Most of all he is a Mormon and the Mormon religion didn’t allow Black people in their religion before 1978. Plus I wonder how he feels about Black people because he may or maynot have prejudice views against Blacks like you(Conservative Black Chick) and me.
    And most of the racist Dixiecrats(Democrats) of the late 1800s around Reconstruction time era to 1960s turned to the Republican party, which you have today.
    Not all Republicans are racist but a good portion of them are especially the extreme rightwing nuts. You should read the comments a lot of them have said about Black people on other sites on the internet.
    P.S. Mitt Romney said that he didn’t care about 47% of Americans in a video. He disregarded half of this country! He doesn’t care about you or me! He doesn’t care about the poor much less a Black person! And Mitt Romney is a flip flopper! He says who think and then says another. He is not all that COnservative either. He is MUCH more liberal than what he is letting on. He just wants to appease the extremists ringwing people and Tea baggers.
    Pres. Obama has a bad record and he isn’t the best choice either. I don’t agree with him on everything but I do believe he deserves another chance. Republicans blocked him in Congress and wouldn’t let him pass anything. If Mitt Romney gets in office, he wouldn’t do anything differently from Obama. In fact, Pres. Obama’s healthcare is similar to Romney’s universal healthcare in Massachusetts when he was a governor.
    Honestly I believe you should stay home on Election Day since you don’t like Pres. Obama and I want you to look up Romney’s stands on abortion etc because I have looked up his stands.
    Vote for the right person not because that person is a Republican.

Stacey Dash, not only is she pretty, she is smart, independent and strong.

Kinda like you Crystal…I’m not sucking up now…hahaha!

6. Charles says:

Heard you on Fox today…YOU ROCK!!!! We have a black guy in our town that calls all black folks that might agree with white folks philosophy…”white man’s lap dog”… never understood that…white or black, we need to call it like we see it and say what we feel. It was funny when you said you didn’t get the memo…Thank You!!!

7. Peggy says:

Just saw CBC on FOX. Thank you for doing this! I am white, but have always had black friends. My best friend, who is black and grew up in D.C., went through the oriole comments and that she talks white. She moved out of D.C. so her daughter would not be prejudiced against whites. I have heard several of my friends say they need to support ‘the brother’. When I point out they should support the person and positions, they then say they do.
    I really want to congratulate you and Stacy, and hope the black community can one day be open to diversity. I remember a few years ago when Bill Cosby commented on young blacks wearing their pants down to their knees, and recently Geraldo Rivera commented on hoodies, and both got blasted by blacks for their opinions.
    Please hang in there. America needs more people like you and Stacy to speak up.

8. Joyce says:

Question: When is it totally acceptable (by blacks and whites) to openly discrimminate against blacks. Answer: When a black announces themselves as a Republican!

9. Kevin says:

Stacy
    As futile as it seems, we must keep lifting up the truth. The truth is; Obama has lead the country down the path of destruction. We can continue this death march down the trail of tears; or we can change direction and bring the country back from the brink of disaster.

10. redgrlfan says:

Ditto to posted comments. I too wish the real story would be reiterated.

11. Charles Houston says:

As a Conservative who also happens to be black I understand exactly what can happen to anyone who dares to speak there mind and voice an opinion about the upcoming election. Ms. Dash is a brave and honest woman and should know that she is not alone. I have lost many friends and been called an uncle tom many times by my friends and co workers but we must not be afraid.

12. Ozell Williams says:

I am a Black 30-year U.S. Army Retiree. I did not vote for Obama simply because I did not believe he was qualified to lead this great nation. Over and over again he has validated that judgment of him, and justified my decision not to vote for him. He is not only incompetent, during my 80 years on this planet, I have never witnessed such blatant arrogance, deceitfulness, divisive and condescending behavior by any local, state or federal executive leader! I consider it unimaginably insane and immoral that more than 90 percent of Black voters vote for Democrats; and that they are determined to reelect Obama regardless of his incompetence, lack of integrity, and divisive behavior, simply because he is Black; and that they have the unadulterated gall to citizen any black person who doesn’t agree with him!

13. Christina Guinn says:

I can’t believe this! I’m sending this on to everyone I know.

14. Linda says:

It is so frustrating that it feels like if you are successful and repulican the media makes you feel almost dirty and unworthy. It is sad how they influence the psyche of our culture. We all work so hard.

15. Jon says:

It’s too bad that so many black Americans serving honorably in our Armed Forces are fighting for the right to vote for only one political party. They should be as brave as you, Stacey!

16. Cy Stanton says:

The stranglehold the Democrat party has on black Americans makes me sick. I am a white middle-aged American who doesn’t have a racist bone in his body. I was raised in the spirit of Dr King to judge people, not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character. My issues with President Obama have zero to do with his skin color, but rather his extreme left-wing destructive policies. I’m glad to see this web site because I would love to see as many black Americans join the conservative cause as possible. It’s not us conservatives who are racists – it is Democrats who view every issue though the lens of skin color while shouting from the rooftops how us conservatives are racists because we happen to disagree with this President. I guess when they can’t compete in the arena of ideas, then next best thing is to demagogue those they disagree with.

17. Jason says:

How come blacks stopped voting Republican in the 60′s? How come the black community was ostracized under Reagan but flourished under Clinton? Clinton had a crazy Congress to deal with but Newt overplayed his hand. If you want the next four years to be different dump Congress not the President, I have never seen a Pres disrespected by other politicians to this level ever, Bush was insulted by pundits and the like but not by other Politicians the demogougary (sp) of Obama by the right has been ridiculous. Where are the John McCains of the world? Romney is the same as Bush, he will become a tool of the neo conservatives and Liberals will run and hide because they are afraid to stand up to the right’s formidable media machine. No beef with Stacy her vote, her choice.

18. Benin says:

Such a sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in today when supporting a candidate, who happens to be white but who has the better overall platform, is enough for people to make scathing remarks about you.

However, even with all the negativity that has been thrown Stacey’s way she still did the right thing. And the irony is that by putting the emphasis on policy, Stacey has just done more for African Americans than Obama has ever done for black people.

19. Victoria says:

I love your blog! I have switched from Demo to Republican because of the low-level ignorance and hatred that’s coming out of that party, and the pandering to African-Americans. It’s a shame that we have become so ignorant. :(. Anyway, great history lesson. Keep up the good work. I tweeted Stacy Dash with, “stay strong, I agree with you”, to lend her support. And why is it not racist when African Americans say horrible things about Causcasions, Hispanics, Asians…should I continue?

20. Kevin says:

RGF
    The only way the real story will come out is for us to attack the lie every time someone speaks it. Person to person. I don’t mean to be obnoxious, rather to challange the person to define their belief. Ask them to explain their belief so you can understand. Once the person tries to explain why they believe what they are saying the lie will be expressed verbally. Now the person can choose to believe the lie or change their opinion. If that person chooses to believe the lie then gently remove yourself from the conversation and mark that person in your mind. You can never change the mind of a person who believes a lie. Try to convince a child that there is no Santa Clause.

21. Thank you for putting the actual historical facts out there for people to see that the Republican party was the party who championed for Civil rights.
    Many African Americans don’t know this and are ignorant of our history.
    The Democrats actually opposed Civil rights!
    We need to smarten up and stop being so ignorant!!

22. By the Way…I also have an article stating some of the history on Pinksmack.com.
    Thanks for doing such a great job!!

23. By the way, I also have a great article with more facts about the history of Civil rights and the Republican party at Pinksmack.com.
    Thanks Again for doing such a great job calling people on their nonsense!

24. Alicia Dae says:

I think that most have forgotten that the basis of a political party are values, morals beliefs, ect ect. It has nothing, whats so ever, to do with race.

25. frozen1906 says:

I think that it is important to point out that the Republican party of old is far different from the Republican party of today, as it relates to the platform of racial equality. I am an African American Male who tends to vote Democrat because the policies that the Democratic party promotes tend to support the less fortunate. I am 32, Christian, College Educated, and make a six-figure salary. I came from a middle-class family, where both of my parents were present and active in raising me and my 3 siblings. I have never been arrested, and I hold traditionally conservative values. However, as an African American man (who grew up in Missouri), I have faced racial inequality, and injustice on many occasions. As a child, I was told by the parents of classmates not to contact their homes anymore because they didn’t want their kids talking to n!ggers. In highschool, my younger brother had his athletic locker urinated in, was called many derogatory names, and was jumped for securing a spot on the Varsity Football team of our predominately white high school. I was told by my high school basketball coach that the only reason I could jump so high was because “black people have an extra muscle in their leg” (as if we were mutants). In corporate America, I had been repeatedly passed up for promotions, only to train my bosses; And, most often, end up doing their jobs AND mine. I am not complaining; But, I say that to say this: One of the main reasons why I support the Democratic pary, is not because I am black; But, because they seem to be the only party that recognizes racism is still alive and well in our nation, today. They are not trying to eliminate programs that try to level the playing field. Yes, I was able to ‘make it’; But, only after relocating, and maintaining my ‘squeaky-clean’ record. Just remember this: Just because you have never seen a Shark, that doesn’t mean they do not exist. Racism is still very much alive and well, today; And, is nothing to joke about.

26. Dr. Will says:

@ frozen1906 well spoken!! Look ignorance knows not color or race it comes in every shape and form so okay kudos Stacey believes in the Republicans, that’s her choice of course everyone may not agree w/ it, & some may voice their comments in a ignorant rant but, for you Ms. Black Conservative to try to paint the picture that all blacks are ignorant about government policy to not know any better about whom they vote for and just following suit and has resulted to name calling of their own isn’t fair. You have taken a small sample of a few comment from someone Twitter account and tried to sum up black peoples impression as a whole. Idk where you have been living but African Americans do have sense we vote based on our experience our future plans for our lives and our children lives that doesn’t mean we all may vote the same but nonetheless based on what out passions are. If Mitt Romney is elected I will deal with that and jst press him as I would Obama to make the right choice. How many ignorant signs posters did we see when Obama took office how many threats did he recieve, where u speaking to your party when they were making the ignorant racial comments or even when your party kept pursuing this ridiculous notion behind our presidents birth certificate. No I bet you didn’t and I’m fine with that bcse I know a few ignorant people don’t define your whole…. It’s a little sad when your presidential nominee says forget the other 47% when most of them look like you! But its okay we know ignorance never define the majority! Lol & wake up!

27. Dr. Will says:

Oh, and yes it is true the Republican party back in the day was what is now considered the Democrat party but everyone knows that there was a big transformation under both parties causing them switch their viewpoints this is why you would Never Ever hear any Republican as bad as they may want the black vote claim to take credit for the actions that lead to any bill being passed to assist blacks or any other minority. They won’t do it bcse they can’t the party has no affiliations with the party now. #PleaseKnowTheRealHistoryB4YouTryToStandOn

28. Dr.Will says:

This site does not promote views from both sides I just left comments and as my friend went on her to comment she noticed my comments were erased…tish tisk tisk! I see we really aren’t trying grow at all