Eat, Pray, Love and Be Black but Don’t Be a Republican

Apparently, all black people walk, talk, eat, pray alike AND fit squarely in the Democrat Black box, basking in the glow of liberalism. There also is a “black issues manual,” which I have yet to see, that all blacks must adhere to. Wait, there’s more.

Unlike whites and Hispanics, blacks claim another phenomenon– black ambassadors sometimes loosely called “our leaders,” who speak on behalf of “ALL blacks and their black issues.” If you think Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Cornel West, etc. you get it. (Of course this is despite the fact, many blacks don’t call these clowns our leaders but somehow the liberal media trots them out over and over as the voices of black people. Again, as if all us blacks think alike or rather are incapable of thinking and have to have ambassadors tells us what to think and how to vote.

If this wasn’t enough monolithic brainwashing to make you sick, gird your loins.

Don’t make the mistake as a black person like I did and choose to be a Republican because you believe in opportunity, educational freedom (school choice, vouchers, charter schools), economic growth and small government. If you do, you will be called awful names by black Democrats. You will likely be hunted down by the “black police” to determine if you’re “black enough” and subjected to relentless name-calling and mocking such as “you just want to be white” or “how can you be a Republican.” To which, I respond, “How can you be a Democrat?”

What’s curious is no other race, White, Hispanic or Asian, gives over 90% of their vote to one party but blacks. In exchange for this block vote, Democrats, including President Obama, our first black president, take the black vote for granted each election cycle because they don’t have to work for it.

Since I began my blog, most of the hateful email and tweets I receive come from black liberals. I find this ironic since the Democrat party touts itself as the party of tolerance and as DNC Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz recently said it is “the natural home to minorities.” Some tolerance!

To give you a taste of the kind vulgar, distasteful and racist comments I receive, I thought I would share with you some unsavory tweets hurled at me while I joined BET’s Ed Gordon Tuesday night as the only black Republican woman providing analysis of President Obama’s State of the Union Speech.

Cedric the Entertainer, as he refers to himself, didn’t like my commentary that Obama’s speech was more Obama blaming Bush, Republicans and everything under the sun for his failed policies. So, he tweeted the following: A series of more vulgar tweets were made by his followers.

In America, no matter what your race, you have the freedom to believe in any religion or support any political party you choose. What’s really pathetic about these racist attacks is  instead of responding with a counter viewpoint, people like Cedric and others respond with ignorance.

87 Responses to “Eat, Pray, Love and Be Black but Don’t Be a Republican”

1. JJ says:

I cant stand Republicans period rather their Black, White, Indian or whatever. You people are an ignorant, broken, hateful, corrupt people and an embarassment to this nation and the laughing stalk of the world and your proud of it too. Republicanism is dying and most people are moving forward in the world while you people stay behind and remain backwards in your views. Nobody is listening to you people anymore. You have already destroyed this nation once with George Bush and you people have really showed your true colors when Obama ran for President. Your party is near death and extinction because nobody is listening to you anymore and considering the damage Romney has caused to your own party you people may not win office for another 100 years. Good luck and I pray you will be able to move forward and join the rest of us

2. Rae says:

I am an African American female who agrees with some Democratic policies and some Republican policies. When I vote, I vote on the candidate that shares most of my views. I saw An interview with Michael Steele and found him interesting. I wouldn’t have a problem voting for a Republican that delivered his/her message in such a fashion. However, I’m having problems with the Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Buchanons, Sununu and the list gets longer and longer. How do you ignore these prominent voices within the party? I am sincerely interested and not wanting to participate in a bash fest.

3. […] Kira Davis, or Alonzo Rachel, “News Ninja”Wayne Dupree, blogger Sister Toldjah, Crystal Wright and many others using racial […]

4. Tige says:

I’ve always found this very interesting. I spent a large part of my life in the construction business. I mean since I was around 12 years old I was helping my dad in his construction company and I worked in it until I was about 30 years old. During that time I had the misfortune to be around a lot of racist people. And in every single case, the most hateful, vocal, ignorant racists were die hard democrats.

I don’t mean simple off color remarks or an improper joke. I mean guys that would shout the N-word at black people they saw walking down the street. People who would tell their children that if they ever dated a black person they’d be disowned or killed. And guys who would make any black man on a construction site feel so uncomfortable they’d quit after just one day.

It never failed. If politics were ever brought up each and every one of them were rabid democrats. Therefore I’ve never understood the loyalty of black people to the democratic party.

5. Ro says:

Please my people!! Get off the plantation!! The democrats have done nothing for our people, Obama has done nothing for our people except foment racism! He’s made this nation more divided than ever!!

Please do your research, stop listening to everything your itching ears want to hear from this man.

6. conservative cali Mom says:

Harry, first of all I want to thank you for your service then I want to discuss your comments about capitalism. I think someone else discussed it as well but that person actually felt that socialism was a better way to go.
    The point you brought up was the money that athletes make and how you didn’t think that created jobs, I wanted to expand on that. Athletes employ personal staff many times for a regular yearly salary. They spend quite a bit of money which in turn helps to infuse other businesses with an infusion of cash. The stadiums and arenas that they play in employ many people year round keeping food on the tables of their families. In almost every circumstance that you find a person who is well off they are in some way infusing our economy and indirectly or directly helping others earn a living. Many first generation Americans make a living as gardeners or cleaning houses. If people who make 80k+ are overly taxed they will not be able to afford that every other week house cleaner or yard service and that will directly affect someone who really needs that money from that little job. Also, if we are to believe the studies “wealthy” and “upper middle-class”conservative capitalists on average donate 5-10% of their income yearly either through their churches or through other organizations. If instead taxes continue to be raised, it is possible that they will not be able to afford to do this. History has shown us that when people are allowed the freedom to be successful in our great country everyone automatically benefits. History has also shown us that socialism is just not good socioeconomic policy, unless your aim is for everyone to be equally poor.

7. Molly says:

Thanks for taking a stand!

Your courage is making it easier for the rest of us! God bless!

8. Hey, you used to write great, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

9. Stephonnus says:

Jesus said u will know them by the fruit they bare. Questions; why would a Christiancall the muslam call 2 prayer the most beautyful sound he ever heard? never heard good gospel singin,or preachin? why would a Christian when invited 2 speak at a well none collage insist on a statue baring the name of Jesus b covered b4 he would speak? I can understand why a muslim would..why wolld a Christian give 90,million dollars 2 ho-mos a terrorist group sworn 2 the destruction of Jews,and Christians? I can understand why a muslim would..why would a Christian b a stonch enemy of Israel? I can understand why a muslim would..why would a Christian order Bibles Burned? I can understand why a muslim would… why would a Christian attack the Church,and try 2 force the Church 2 pay 4 abortions whitch would force them 2 disobey GOD… again I can understand why a muslim would.. now who would this Christian B ? barok obama…. and b4 u start hateing on me ,, google it 4 urself.. he tryed 2 blame the bible burnning on who else? goerge bush who was out of office at the time the orded was given.. If u r a Christian u must ask urself… WHAT HAVE I DONE?

10. Stephonnus says:

Gods love 2 u Mylady.as a black christain conservative man i know i don’t have 2 tell u how we suffer from african am’s .not black am’s they thank 4 themselves . my fight is in the church,and i place alot of the blame squarly on the sholders of the african american PASTOR;who completely ignore scripture as 2 abortion,and gay marrage in perticuler.not 2 mention other things..in favor of black loyelty 2 the race,affirmative action,and wellfair..insisting on blind loyelty 2 the den-a-rat party,and being useful idiots 4 the white liberals and their greedy grab 4 power.i could go on,and on.but this is not the only time i’ll b comming 2 ur site… maybe next time i’ll go into the woe’s of being a black,and single man trying 2 find a black christian sistah that i can date 4 more than week . god bless u MYLADY. i’m glad i;m not alone …

11. Rob says:

Dear Crystal,

If you are ever in doubt that there are other African-Americans out there who hold the same views as you do, I would suggest that you read Thomas Sowell’s blog and that you remeember this: for every one of us who speaks publicly, as you have, there are legions of us watching you and cheering. I saw you recently on Fox (yes, African-Americans watch Fox also) and found your analysis of the Republican primary race cogent and compelling.

What can you say about the diatribe’s against Republicans of color? I think the intensity of their hatred has its roots in the misogyny that has long infected African and African-American culture. Let anyone who wants to see Sharia law in action in America just take a peek at the tweets against Black conservatives made by supposedly democracy-loving liberal African-Americans. Scary stuff. Worthy of the Congo.

12. JJ says:

YOUR BLOG SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!! A BLACK FEMALE RIGHT WING. WHAT THE HELL?? ROMEY already said twice he dosent care about you, Sant…. said you should be barefoot in the kitchen not in the work place, paul is old as dirt and crazy, and Gingrich said your black ass is like a weak pig and should die but yet you support them. Go to church and pray real hard because you need help a person can’t give you. You think your white……….lol the whole time there laughing calling you a nigger behind you back lol… come to the side that will win again……….OBAMA 2012!!!!!OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012OBAMA 2012

13. The Federal Plantation says:

Some blind folk can’t see because they won’t look.

After the Republicans under Lincoln raped the Constitution, the very angry southern Democrats joined the KKK, took control of the Democrat Party and converted freedom from physical slavery into political repression.

Blacks were the ones who were primarily responsible for launching the Republican Party in the early 1850’s because it represented personal freedom through a political process that honored the right of states to stop the federal government from enforcing slave laws in their states and to prevent expanding slavery to future states. The vast majority of blacks voted Republican. MLK knew history, and knew that it was the Republican majority in the Congress that were responsible for passing the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act over against strong Democrat opposition. Yet, stupid blacks still think the Democrats were responsible because it happened in Lyndon Johnson’s administration. NO! Johnson was FORCED to sign it! At least 3 other American Presidents attempted to pass those same acts, each time having them shot down by Democrats. Wake up Suckas!

During Lincoln’s rise to power blacks were betrayed and duped by those who rose to leadership in the Party as that leadership began to use the federal government as a whip to overturn state sovereignty, using slavery as a pretext for intervention in state affairs. That practice has continued. The Tea Party movement recogizes that fact and is trying to restore the U.S. Constitution, and put Fedzilla back in its cage (the enumerated powers granted to it as listed in Article 1, Section 8).

Nobody talks about the fact that the founders ALLOWED slave-holding states to enter the union, warts and all even though most of the founders detested slavery. It is therefore obvious that they did not intend that the federal government be the arbiter of moral issues among the states and within each state. Why was that? Because they realized that central government is NOT to be involved in social justice or social engineering, as they were keenly aware how easily dictators rise to power by promising social justice or a chicken in every pot. Besides, slavery was not the only moral malady. The free states had their own brands of moral turpitude, yet they pointed their fingers at each other’s flaws with an attitude of self-righteous indignation. All the states had imperfections and social dysfunctions to some extent, but these should and would have been resolved as an internal matter over time. Getting along with each other in a federal union requires that the states do not interfere in other states’ policies, and that the federal government respect each state’s right to govern itself. The signers included delegates who represented the sovereign will of the people of their respective state. Each state had its own constitution, its own social order, its own right of self governance. None of the states were REQUIRED to join the Union, nor would the Union have been justified in forcing them to do so after its formation or to harass them had they chosen not to join. The states had functioned under their own autonomy for 180 years (1607-1787) prior to forming the Union and they were very cautious about the potential of federal tyranny, and demanded redundant clarity of their state sovereignty by including the Bill of Rights in the Constitution.

If blacks continue to vote for Democrats, they will put themselves back on the plantation, but this time the Massa will be a Muslim, perhaps one of the descendants of the ones who originally put us on the boat. Suddenly, the difficulties of the journey to America, and life in America seem less important than the freedoms and experiences gained both physically and spiritually as a result of God’s transforming power. We must preserve and restore our Constitution. It has brought us thus far. It belongs to us. Let us embrace it with a new understanding. It is our flag, our country, and God’s hand of grace in preserving ALL who have come here.

14. Wanda Allen says:

So Kartman called me Willie? Can we stop talking about one another. That is what keeps us divided. I think that as Blacks we know that the Democratic Party was the party that denied blacks any rights. That was then, and this now. 2012 and now the parties positions have been reversed. Does it make it ok because it is 2012 and the Republican party is doing the same thing that the Democratic party did right after slavery. You have a right to be Republican and those of us who are Democrats have a right to be so. Blacks in both party are trying to effect change and maybe some day it will be so, but today February 2012 the Republican party is trying to take us back to that time. It is not a hidden agenda, it is very public. It effects all blacks no matter party affillations. The fevor in which they expose their feelings for President Obama goes beyond politics. When Whites are talking about it from both parties that it is a racist agenda, then it is not a hidden. Are we just going to sleep and let this racial overtone continue, are we just going to act like the Republican conversation is about unifying the country when it is not….It is about beating a Black man, one who won without all the good “ole” boy white money that people like McCain/Palin, Mitt Romney had. He won because the people were ready for a change and that change is going to come. We will still support him because he is talking about of unifying this country. Can you honestly say that as of February 16, 2012 the Republican party is doing the same? As always God bless and Peace to you all.

15. Although I am personally attracted to conservative black women, it’s sad to know that, with more than enough issues tearing itself apart, the black community is now adopting competing political ideologies–liberalism and conservatism–as another means of creating divisions. There are many things I can negative things I can point out about liberalism (feminism, distorted/New Age views of child-rearing, abortion, unfocused social programs, gun control), I can find just as many wrong with conservatism (support for the death penalty, eviscerating social programs without decent jobs as a backup, ethnocentrism, political fear-mongering, hypocrisy). I wish more people would think outside the intellectually limiting ideological spectrum.

16. Don’t forget ATMs, tsunamis, the chinese, lazy americans, everyone else’s fault except for Obama. Cause how can you be one of the best 4 presidents, and have responsibility? Just b great and look presidential. What do they call that? Perpetratin?

17. MikeD says:

I’m a Hispanic liberal Democrat, so I probably disagree with a lot of your views but I think its wrong for anyone to say that you cannot be conservative or Republican just because your are black woman. You are an intelligent person and you add great insight and healthy debate. Rock on!

18. mjk says:

This is just sad. All you proud black brother and sisters trying to insill fear into black who don’t vote Democratic. What did the Democratic party ever do for blacks? The civil rights laws were put into place by Republicans. Jim Crow Laws were from democrats. Oh, brother doesn’t like to be educated. Wants to stay in the same mess you’ve always been in and call this girls whitey. Democrats have black folk where they want them. Under their welfare thumb.

19. “Smugglers allegedly used black drivers to avert suspicion at border, Five people are charged in a plot to employ African Americans, mostly from Compton, to avert suspicion when bringing illegal immigrants across the border.” by Victoria Kim, LA Times, February 3, 2012

1. If you value your U.S. citizenship don’t provide refuge for an illegal alien.

2. It is a felony to harbor or bring in an illegal alien or aliens.

3. Illegals would do anything for just one opportunity to take your place to be a U.S citizen.

*******************************************

by Victoria Kim, Los Angeles Times, February 3, 2012

Vehicles used by the alleged smugglers were elaborately modified to accommodate illegal immigrants. (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement / June 13, 2010)

In the calculus of cross-border human smuggling, Maria Lopez-Diaz allegedly concluded that black instead of brown equals green.
    The 60-year-old Compton woman, prosecutors say, tried to cash in on racial profiling by operating a human smuggling ring that hired mostly African American drivers who didn’t speak a word of Spanish to ferry small groups of immigrants from Mexico to Los Angeles.

In the end, the alleged venture failed. Authorities announced charges Thursday against Lopez-Diaz and four others, including conspiracy and transporting and harboring illegal immigrants. Lopez-Diaz, two family members and a driver were arrested by agents from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol.

A second driver facing a conspiracy charge, 32-year-old Yvette “Hazel” Binford, remains at large.

Authorities said the group’s approach was the latest innovation they have seen in the evolving trade of sneaking illegal immigrants into the United States.

“It’s absolutely true that most of the people involved in transporting human smuggling networks are Hispanics, by virtue of the fact that most customers are Hispanics,” said ICE Special Agent in Charge Claude Arnold. “This organization thought, ‘What if we recruited those who attract less attention from law enforcement?’ Obviously they were wrong.”

The group, allegedly headed by Lopez-Diaz and two family members, recruited drivers who were down on their luck — jobless, homeless or drug-addicted — who were lured by the few hundred dollars’ payoff and kept in the dark about the extent of the enterprise, prosecutors said. Had they been able to communicate with their passengers, they would have learned the ringleaders charged the immigrants up to $4,000 a person for the ride north, authorities said.

“There were two layers of exploitation here, one of the aliens in the trunks coming up to Los Angeles, and then of the drivers they used,” said U.S. Assistant Atty. Rupa Goswami, the federal prosecutor in the case.

The investigation began when Border Patrol officials noticed an unusual pattern in early 2010. They found African Americans, mostly from Compton, carrying up to six immigrants in the trunks and hidden compartments of their cars. Their vehicles were elaborately modified, including compartments under the hood or under the back seats, as well as special shock absorbers to conceal the heavy load.

The group is estimated to have smuggled several dozen immigrants a month into Los Angeles, immigration authorities said.

Juan Eduardo Baltazar, 35, Lopez-Diaz’s son-in-law, was allegedly responsible for preparing the vehicles and installing the compartments. Her daughter-in-law, 23-year-old Karen Esteban-Morales, is accused of coordinating the pickup of the immigrants. Lopez-Diaz and her two family members are themselves in the country illegally, according to authorities, and face deportation if they are convicted.

Also charged are drivers Binford and Bobby Johnson, 67, who allegedly transported groups and recruited drivers. Authorities said they have identified an additional 19 drivers, many of whom are cooperating with investigators.

On Thursday, a federal magistrate judge ordered Lopez-Diaz and Esteban-Morales held without bail, and for Johnson to be released to a drug rehabilitation facility. Baltazar’s initial appearance was delayed until next week.

Dana Cephas, an attorney representing Lopez-Diaz, declined to comment.

Each charge in the three-count indictment carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

victoria.kim@latimes.com

Copyright © 2012, Los Angeles Times

20. Be it Republican, Democratic, other, or no Political Party Affiliation…..

…….US born Black Men and Women, If you Place Value in Your U.S. Citizenship…..

………Don’t Harbor, Provide Refuge for, Conspire with Other Individuals to bring an Illegal/Undocumented Illegal Alien or Aliens into the U.S.

***********************************

2. It is a felony to harbor or bring in an illegal alien or aliens.

*******************************************

by Victoria Kim, Los Angeles Times, February 3, 2012

Dana Cephas, an attorney representing Lopez-Diaz, declined to comment.

victoria.kim@latimes.com

Copyright © 2012, Los Angeles Times

21. Shirley Thomas says:

Thanks Harry. Crystal is loss. How dare she call Jesse Jackson, Cornell West and Jesse Jackson ‘clowns!’ Where has she been. If it were not for Jesse Jackson, African-Americans would not be sitting on Fortune 500 corporate boards. He fought for that. Al Sharpton has been a strong voice for human rights.
    What has she done? Run her mouth?

22. Balladeer says:

The haters throwing petty insults at this blog’s author aren’t displaying anything but their own ignorance, both of history and of human courtesy. To people accusing Conservative Black Chick of being “white” think about the question posed at the end of the great movie A Soldier’s Story:

“Who gave you the right to decide … the right to judge … who is FIT to be a negro and who is not?”

That film’s message gets more relevant as time goes by.

23. Harry says:

Thank you Isaac and thank you Willie. Isaac for much of the views I have and Willie for the negative attack on someone that you are unable to read or even re-read what they say sensibly. I have tried to have respect for the things you say and give you as much positive credit as I can but you have just eliminated yourself from all levels of intelligence. I have just said that I am not a “STUPID REPUBLICAN” and I will imagine I would not be a “STUPID DEMOCRAT” either. In fact I am a disabled, veteran from the Vietnam, Honduran war era and have done things for my country that still bother me today. Too many tours in those negative situations I guess. I decided to retire just ahead of the first Bush debacle in Iraq, the old three times you are out syndrome. I depend on social security, medicare and retirement to make it day to day and I am so happy to have it, as many Americans are. Americans give an entire lifetime to working and paying into those systems hence they depend on those “social programs to just barely make it into the fading light of life and I do not think those programs should be stopped but in fact adjusted upward. I do think that capitalism is the key to keeping those systems alive by moving money in and out of the system and promoting businesses to succeed but it must be heavily regulated to keep the greedy folks from doing what they have done and all persons and companies taxed equally with the idea that those that take out the most put back the most. A good balance of both capitalism and socialism is the perfect formula for America. They say the rich provide the most jobs, but I look at the thousands of atheletes alone in the USA who make millions of dollars but how many jobs are they directly providing? This alone negates that statement. Look at these high dollar auto auctions and how many bidders are anything but caucasians, the same for expensive seats at sports events. Someone has the money but it is up to each individual to decide who has it and what do we do about it. Capitilism is still and always will be the best system to run a country on but with controls. I am trying to start a small business, out of pocket but it is tough. I have cousins that are really rich and some that are in my boat, but we are all very intelligent, just different levels of prominence. I don’t mind admitting I am poor but man I am proud. I voted for President Obama and I will again but the only way he will show progress is for us to give him back his Democratic congress, both houses. This I would like to see because he was new the first time and he tried to keep his promise of reaching across the isle for the first two years but it didn’t take, hence he got backdoored like crazy and it appeared that he was steadily failing and he lost the Democratic congress. Now that led to where we are today. Willie just some of my heros are: the Tuskegee Airman, I met several of them in the hospital during Vietnam while I was having back surgery, most of their friends were white. Martin Luther King, met him briefly, President Obama, (met him), Kennedy, (met him), Johnson, (met him) and many more historical figures. There were Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Atheists, Religeous nuts and moderates that have formed my outlook and I think I have taken the best and formed the most well rounded thought process. What have you done Willie? Hit me back and try not to lie. I still love you Bro’.

24. Will says:

Bitch, stupid and uncle tom. There’s your intellectual arguments folks. Pack it up and head home you cannot argue with those powerful thought provoking words /S

Vote Democrat or turn in your “Black Card”…oh and we will call you names too!

25. Zadie says:

Crystal, I respect your right to be of whatever political affiliation you wish. What I don’t respect is the very “Democrat” way in which you position yourself as a victim as if it some how lends you credibility as a policial voice worth listening to. I’m also a black woman and an Independent. Watching you spout Republican platitudes knowing full well that you distort the Presidents record on the issues is what makes your arguments pathetic. I also despise the way media heads roll out the Sharptons of the world to speak for all black people. The fact that MSNBC gave that gas bag a show makes me sick. What’s just as bad or even worse is that people like you and Herman Cain pretend that the use of the southern strategy by the Republican party is some how OK. The sheer disregard for the facts are what’s killing this country. You have said NOTHING that supports your disapproval of the POTUS.

26. Kartman says:

Willie has all the answers.

27. Isaac Hunter says:

I’ve been an independent since 1970 and I will die an independent I vote for the person who I think will think will do the best job. I voted for Ronald Reagan twice, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton twice, John Kerry, and Barack Obama…I will vote for again for President Barack Obama because I think he is head over heels better than any of the Republican candidates. That’s what I love about America. We are free to vote for the person who we think is the best person for the job. BTW, I grew up in the South, and I know that the majority of today’s southern white Republicans are yesterday’s , or are descendants of yesterday’s SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS, and their views on race and equal opportunity has not changed that much since the signing of the 1964 Civil Rights bill. You are free to express your conservative views, and I am free to express my views, which are neither conservative or liberal…They are just MY views…Thank you.

28. Willie Lynch says:

Harry you are an UNCLE TOM!!! An outcast, a negro, a colored boy. You have no black friends. Black people looks through you. This conservatism is nothing more than a mask. You will always be a sellout and you will never be accepted by Black America, so go shine your master’s shoes colored boy!!!!! Republicans are mindless sheep. Look at this circus they call a primary. You’ve had ten front runners and all someone has to say is “don’t vote for this one vote for this one” and they all change their vote. They are like buffalo going over a cliff. They all run to their peril, not having the sense to turn to save themselves. Like I said, mindless sheep. You are not worthy to ride on the coat tails of those that made this life possible for you. You are against everything they stood for. and that’s the history I have on my side. Here’s a little known historical fact that you so-called capitalist don’t like to talk about: George Washington, the father of our countyr Martin Luther King, the father of the modern day civil rights movement, Adam Smith the father of capitalism. Since my school days, I haven’t heard not one capitalist, not one conservative, not one republican ever mention his name. Adam Smith believed in making money (and so does every American), but what you fake capitalist fail to understand is that Adam Smith believe in the “HIDDEN HAND”. giving back to the community that made him prosperous. This is what separates you from Adam Smith and this is why you never mention his name. You are takers. You line your pockets and give to no one. In conclusion you are not capitalist in the spirit of Adam Smith. There is another name for you that I have mentioned once before: CARPETBAGGERS!!! That is who and what you are. You are takers. You don’t give back. You just line your pockets. The constitution was wriiten to protect the people from those who took the advantage of them (The British). And because Democrats legislate law to protect the people, people like you think there is something is wrong with it. And have the nerve to call yourselves christians. What a joke! Christ is no where in any of you so stop making false claims. You, like Satan, don’t believe you will face eternal damnation, but you will if you don’t change. God is a giver. Satan is a taker. Whose side are you on?

John 8:43-45

King James Version (KJV)

43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Take this to bed with you tonight CHRISTIANS! See you at the judgment.

29. Wayne says:

I get what you’re doing. I see why it’s attractive for you to do it. In America what you’re doing has been done for years and you’re just another person taking full advantage of the opportunity. Do your thing. Some of your points are valid and some of them aren’t. Just like everyone else. Do you. Congratulations on getting America to watch you do it.

30. stan says:

Just saw you on CNN with Suzanne Malveaux in a typical news tv mini debate with a gentleman who represented the democratic pov. I have just one question; and lets put it out there for everyone. Why is it that you feel it so appropriate to refer to our president by his last name? While I fully understand it coming from whites; I really expected otherwise more coming from a black person of your stature; but during the CNN clip you were “Obama” this and “Obama” that just like all the rest of the Republican demigods who purely and simply (and here it is for everyone) “hate the fact that a black man sits on the seat of the so called most powerful nation on the face of the earth” Where is the respect for the office that I learned back in civics class? He is the president address and refer to him as such. You can be a conservative and be respectful and you DON’T have to be a Republician to be either.

31. Edward says:

The notion of Black Republicans doesn’t automatically mean that blacks must support democrats. Historically, capitalism is pro-slavery. Both Dems and Reps support capitalism. Capitalism and free trade were the tools of oppression and continue to be to this day.

It is oxymoronic to be Black and Conservative…Blacks own less than 1% of the USA as a people. Those from the middle East own more of America by 7%. Blacks built this country and if labor earned wealth Blacks would own 95% of the US.

To be a black conservative is not only a practice of overconscientious Stockholm syndrome, but an action in defense of the continued institutionalized racism manifested by Capitalism.

Free your mind and your ass will follow. Please, read the Communist Manifesto and understand why the Black Panther Party were Communist — why Martin Luther King Jr. spoke in defense of Democracy and the Socialist path.

These ideologist were murdered by the Capitalist Agenda’s hit men the FBI/CIA…research COINTELPRO

32. Brando says:

Saw this bitch on CNN – can’t believe how fucking stupid she is.

33. F. Raymond, Jr. says:

@ Mr. Scotty Starnes: Your history about the Dems is correct, however, you left much out. I think what we can agree on is that both parties are not representative of what they once were. The Dems are no longer the party of Wilson, Strom Thurmond or George Wallace and the Repubs are no longer the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower or even Nixon. I don’t think this modern Republican Party would pass the 14th and 15th Amendments or push through Reconstruction reforms as it did in the 19th century, nor would the modern day Dems block voting or Civil Rights legislation as they did in the early and middle 20th century. What I do know is the modern republican party is anti-union, anti-gay, anti-immigration anti-public education and is trying revive laws to disenfranchise minority voters. This party is also dominated by very frightening white males, who, only 60 or 80 years ago, would have been loyal Dixie-Crats!! Your statement about black communities with liberal polices and correspondingly high unemployment and poverty rates was also a little off the mark. Here in Los Angeles, the “liberal” communities of View Park and Baldwin Hills do quite well.

34. Harry says:

I am a Black Republican and I want to always EMPHASIS, definitely NOT a “STUPID REPUBLICAN”. I believe in “capitalism” emphatically and that is the only issue that drive me that way. The word “conservatism” is a term that Black Republicans should stay away from because the meaning is:
    1. (The disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.)
    “RESTORE AND LIMIT CHANGE” are key words in the definition of the pure conservative, which is what the average Republican Caucasian fervently believe, at least the Dems say they are progressive. So be careful how you “parrot” what the Republican or Democratic party say. I would say that every Black person in the USA should register as hard core “Independents” which would give them the option of voting either way, as it should be, and in turn be courted for their votes rather than have Republican controlled states try to limit their votes through trickery as in the “Jim Crow” days when the states had far more power than they do today. I still want equality across the political parties where people run for the good of the entire country rather than the interests of a few. The overriding sadness of the Republicans today is the infusion of the “Tea Baggers(party)” that is controlled by the Koch Brothers billionaire empire of 35 billion dollars. The Koch brothers are the two worst enemies of all Black persons in the world. They have started and fund over 40 grass roots organizations surreptitiously throughout the USA. They also push the “remove the Black man from the White house” movement in congress and throughout the party. They are hard line “John Birth Society”(A conservative organization prominent in the 1950s and 1960s. The society was particularly concerned with the dangers of communism, and its views were considered extreme by most Americans.) members, which is a family belief. Blacks, sadly were believed to be in league with the Communist movement by way too many conservatives and if you think our two top Republicans in congress aren’t enjoying their relationship via the money pipeline with the Koch brothers, then that “Brooklyn bridge” is waiting for you. I do wish that we could turn that corner for all of America to be on equal footing where we share the assistance of each other for progressive advancement. As long as we have a large, rich, greedy sector that believe that we will always be at each others throats. “HE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY, IS DOOMED TO REPEAT HISTORY”.

35. Kartman says:

I don’t think that blacks are stupid. I taught calculus and trig for years and had a lot of black students who did very well. It’s just you who is stupid.

36. Willie Lynch says:

Whats the matter kart? Lost for words? I know. I reminded you of your ancestors (oops! my bad. I forgot black people have ancestors and you have incestors). Why are you so drawn to black people? Have a little “log cabin” in you? Black people know who their friends are. You have been caught up by stereotypes. You are not Lincoln Republicans and Black people will always hate you. I know you read those tweets. Black people hate your kind of white people. Maybe you should try the Latinos. Oops again. I forgot you and Joe Arpaio are running them back across the border. Whether you realize it or not, knowledge have been past down by word of mouth through the generations for hundreds of years. Blacks aren’t as stupid as you have led yourself to believe.

37. Brando says:

Haha, yes, kind of proves Crystal’s point.